Sunday 1 June 2014

There's more to what we see

Sometime it's just a matter of setting yourself in the right mood and you can discover a whole bright and wonderful world just outside your window!

This, for me, has been one of those days.

 
I wanted to be out in the sun, out of my home, away from human voices because today I can't hear the only voice I wanted to hear, Alberto's.
So I took our faithful Yamaha Majesty and... on the road I was.



 

Yes, I had some things to buy in the town nearby, but after I hit the road I knew that was just an excuse. What I really wished for was to listen to the silence broken just by the engine roar.





If I knew how to ride and a horse cost less than a motorbike I would have used a horse.
And since I had Alberto's camera with me, I used it, thus discovering some of the most beautiful sceneries and details I've ever seen in this area.




 This road could be in every country of Europe and no one could tell!




No... I didn't reach Venice. Not today! This is Bibione harbour. It's a pity that, to take the picture, I had to go through a restaurant parking to a private quay trying to ignore the luxury yachts moored there!



Bibione Beach. Yes, there is no sand here. Indeed... there is sand, but it's on the far left, out of the image, and scattered by unaware suntanning tourists.



And just beyond those trees here lies the muddy estuary of the river Tagliamento, full of wooden treasures.
 




You can see a rocky face torn by a deep river or (as it is) the battered trunk of a tree, so fascinating it's mesmerising.












And there is more water, of course.

With ducklings looking for their mom...



... and fishes idly slithering among the seaweeds.

Tunnels of Mediterranean pines shading the road toward home from the bright and hot sun...

And finally, the road toward home!


Go out around your house once in a while, and watch your world and its hidden beauty. What's out there is much more interesting than what we superficially see.






Oh... one last thing... once home, I begun experimenting with my hair... Here's me a little "punk"... just a little...















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.