Wednesday 4 June 2014

Experimenting


Last year I discover how comfortable is to have short hair. And by "short" I mean... well, just look at my profile picture!
It's comfortable because you're not messed up when you wake up in the morning, you can forget the comb after you take off your helmet after a motorbike ride, you spend less time in the shower (and use much less shampoo and other environmental-damaging products) and you don't have to use the hairdryer - not even in winter.

Last year I cut my hair because stress was taking the toll on them and I was loosing them fast, so it was either having expensive applications or... cut them!
Being lazy, and listening to friends who said to me that I looked ill, I put the razor aside and let my hair grow again. But, alas, they kept falling. I resolved to cut them again, sooner or later. And I choose the day I turned 50 to cut them.

This was not a random choice.
I was 20 in 1984 and for me that was a momentous year for many reasons. Punk rock was declined by then, but the long wave of it was still high in Italy. Back then I could not experiment with my look and hair as much as I wanted to, but now I can!
Besides, Alberto and I shared a personal promise to each other (that I won't say) and that promise was comprehensive of the haircut that you will see in a few days time.
For now...

Enjoy my "Punk-ish" experiments!

My new Facebook avatar!

I know what I'm thinking!


I admit it... I photoshopped the colours. That's only because I didn't want to waste time and money colouring my hair when I'll be cutting them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.