Wednesday 20 November 2013

Tilting at windmills?



Did my friends rightly convinced me that I have no way of fighting off giants from what I see as the "calling card" of the Star Trek Italian Club on Facebook? Or, unlike Don Quijote's, those are real giants and I have to fight them off?

I listened to my own "Sancho" and his advice: the more I tried and have the STIC parlour on Facebook a quiet and cosy place to chat, the more I damaged it. I stayed away, leaving the group so that it will be taking care of itself, with STIC members and fans happily returning without having to do with the armoured hidalgo I became.
The group went on without me, so Sancho was right and I was wrong.

But then...
Why do I still see giants there? Why the people I care for stay away from it?
Could it be that Sancho was wrong?
Could it be that those were not windmills?

I simply wonder.


1 comment:

  1. Continuo a pensare che si stia sopravvalutando questa faccenda di facebook. E' solo un posto dove chiunque ha il diritto di stare... se ne ha voglia, e dove tutto viene dimenticato in un nanosecondo.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.