Saturday 4 January 2020

Personal Log, 201301.04 - Excerpt

This is the first day of my life without Alberto - his body now rests in the cemetery in San Michele al Tagliamento.

This morning, as I was about to lay to rest the love of my life - the only man I ever had (and the only one I will ever have) - I thought I  could not smile, let alone keep on living. And yet... All our friends supported me just by being there, and they were so many!
Once I read that a shared pain diminishes, a shared joy multiplies. Today I had proof of that.

One last think I want to write lest to forget - thanks to Marcello, Alberto has been accompained out of the church on the notes of Amazin Grace. Wherever he is, Alberto will be glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.