Sunday 3 February 2019

A perfect day... in my dreams.

Today has been a sunny and warm day and in my dreams I woke up slowly, no chores to do, no one to care for but myself.

I had a full Irish breakfast in bed, surrounded only by silence, the occasional chirp of birds and Rua's purring.
Then I put my spring jacket on, my battered but comfortable walking shoes and I had a long walk in the back garden, followed by Gattona and Rua, who enjoyed with me the warm sun.
During the walk I decided which trees should be pruned by the gardeners, what colour I want the new fence and what bushes to plant anew.

After a quick lunch with fruit and cheese I started to work at the computer, preparing the layout for Star Trek magazine next issue - something I love to do because it relaxes me so much!
In the afternoon I also enjoyed watching Doctor Who in Italian on RAI4. Two of the episodes I translated, chatting with friends about it on Facebook, and later I engaged in another nice chat while watching a classic era episode.

Now I'm about to take a shower, eat some nice curry risotto before going to bed to listen to some traditional Irish music, drinking half a pint with custard creams, waiting to slowly drift into a quiet and deep sleep.

Alas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.