Tuesday 3 December 2013

What friends are for!

There is an old Irish blessing saying "May your hand be always stretched in friendship and never in need". I would like to add a note: "But when in need, stretch your hand and friends will come".

When I met Alberto I know I've been blessed with the kindest man I could have dreamed of, but with him they came too - friends!
I never had long-time friends in my life before - despite being very social, my friendships never reached beyond the moment: when I finished school, I lost my schoolmates, when I moved to another city contacts with next door friends faded.
I'm not blaming anyone... it just happened this way.
Until I met Alberto, and his friends.
Until I forged new friendships with our friends.
And they remained.

You are still here, my friends, and you're helping now that my hand is stretched out in need. You're helping beyond my everyday survival. You're helping because you're giving me hope and a future to think about.
I know that's the true call of a friend.
That's why I'm blessed to have you!

Thank you, again and always!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.