Tuesday 10 September 2019

Heart or mind? / Cuore o mente?

I had foreseen it a long time ago, and now it's happened...

I have a choice... Try to pay my debt without waiting for the trial to end, or leave destiny to do its course and prepare to leave my house forever, turning a problem into an opportunity!

The house is in ruin, it's literally starting to fall apart. I would need to renovate it in order to conform to antiseismic laws, but also I would need to repair the roof and the gutters, to change the heating system, to repair doors and windows... So I really could use a change here, finding a better place to live!

But every nook and cranny has its story, its past, it is a memory of an event, small or big. And every time I gaze at its walls I remember something I did with Alberto and our friends.

Logically, I should take every item in the house (books, comics, DVDs, STIC documents, uniforms...) and store them somewhere and go on with my life somewhere else, in some city where I can find a job maybe, and forget all my troubles.

But "home is where the heart is", and my heart is here. In this cramped and ruined house, where Alberto's memory is alive, where he is watching me through his many things and where I can feel his presence every second of my half a life.

Should I follow my mind and take the next logical step in my life, or follow my heart and stay?
That's the dilemma...


*****

Lo avevo previsto molto tempo fa, e ora è successo ...

Ho una scelta ... Provare a pagare il mio debito senza aspettare che il processo finisca, o lasciare che il destino faccia il suo corso e prepararmi a lasciare la mia casa per sempre, trasformando un problema in un'opportunità!

La casa è in rovina, sta letteralmente iniziando a crollare. Avrei bisogno di rinnovarla per renderla conforme alle leggi antisismiche, ma avrei anche bisogno di riparare il tetto e le grondaie, di cambiare la caldaia, di riparare porte e finestre... Quindi potrei davvero usare questo cambiamento per trovare un posto migliore!

Ma ogni angolino ha la sua storia, il suo passato, è il ricordo di un evento, piccolo o grande. E ogni volta che guardo le pareti ricordo qualcosa che ho fatto con Alberto e i nostri amici.

Logicamente, dovrei prendere tutti gli oggetti della casa (libri, fumetti, DVD, documenti STIC, uniformi ...) e immagazzinarli da qualche parte per continuare la mia vita da un'altra parte, in qualche città dove possa trovare un lavoro, forse, e dimenticare tutti i miei problemi.

Ma "chiami casa dove ti riporta il cuore", e il mio cuore è qui. In questa casa angusta e in rovina, dove la memoria di Alberto è viva, dove lui mi osserva attraverso le sue molte cose e dove posso sentire la sua presenza ogni secondo di questa mia mezza vita.

Dovrei seguire la mia mente e fare il passo logico successivo nella mia vita, oppure seguire il mio cuore e rimanere?

Questo è il dilemma ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.