Friday 29 December 2017

The Doctor I'll miss the most

I really have no idea why, but for the first time in my life as a whovian, I'm still crying because Peter Capaldi left the role.

Maybe it's his amazing acting, which left me breathless in more than one occasion, or maybe it's all the magnificent episodes that I loved - "Mummy on the Orient Express", "In the Forest of the Night", "Heaven Sent", "The Husbands of River Song", "Smile", "The Eaters of Light", "Twice Upon a Time" to name but a few.

Maybe it's because I had the honour of translating all his episodes for the Italian adaptation and dubbing, trying to do my best to transfer in Italian the magnificent words all the writers have scripted for the Twelfth incarnation of this legendary character.

Or maybe there is something deeper, maybe I needed support in my long years of mourning and the Twelfth Doctor arrived just in time, a year or so (about which I don't remember much) after Alberto's death.

I really have no idea, but I loved the Twelfth Doctor like I never liked any Doctor before. He got under my skin and he's still there. Probably for as long as I'll live.

Now the circle has closed. I started loving Peter Capaldi's Doctor since his first moments, and I adored his last.


I'm looking forward, when my time will come, to tell Alberto all about him and his adventures!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.