Saturday 13 August 2016

Another year without music

My life with you has been like being part of an outdoor concert. We were playing together and the music was marvellous. It was pleasing for us before being pleasing to the audience.
We were so happy to play that everything surrounding us was just background noise - the rumbling of storms passing by, the murmurs of people who wasn't listening to our music, the singing of birds attuned to our melody.
Then without a reason, just because destiny was cruel to us, you lost your instrument - your body stood still, not able to express our music anymore.
The wonderful music ended abruptly.

Now I keep playing, but my melody is distorted - just like a chord without a fundamental note. It's not complete. And the background noises have become oppressive, sharp, so overwhelming that I cannot play anymore.
And I wait.
I wait the moment when you will play again with me. I wait trying not to hear the noise of thunderstorms, of uninterested people... I just listen every now and then to birds, trying to give them at least some notes on to which they can sing.

And I will always wait for you.
Happy birthday, Alberto.
All my love, forever and beyond.



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to both of you, from one of the many people who wouldn't be where they are or who they are without the two of you. That is your unending gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment has to be approved by the owner before appearing on the blog. Be patient, please. Thank you.